Went to the doctor this morning for a look at the Bell's Palsy. Seems to be recovering still; I can move my eyebrow pretty well, and this morning I could close my right eye by itself for the first time since this started. At this point we just have to hang around and see how things go, but it's looking good for the future. Might be another month or two before we get to whatever point we're going to get to, though.
In celebration, let me do a little meme. I'm sure you've all seen the music meme where you guess which song and artist a particular line came from, especially since I do it all the time. I'm going to do a bit of a variation on it. When I quit IRC, I habitually quote a song lyric in my /quit message (at least the first time I leave IRC in a given day). So rather than mine iTunes, I'm going to take the last twenty /quit messages out of my logs and use those as the songs. Even the ones that make it really, really obvious which song it is.
Ready? Let's begin.
1. Everywhere people stare / Each and every day / I can see them laugh at me / And I hear them say
2. And every demon wants his pound of flesh / But I like to keep some things to myself / I like to keep my issues strong / It's always darkest before the dawn
3. This dragon had a plaguey hide / Fa-la-lanky-don-dilly / That could the sharpest steel abide / Fa-la-lanky-don-dilly / No sword could enter through her skin / Which vexed the knight and made her grin
4. Come out upon my seas / Curse missed opportunities / Am I / A part of the cure? / Or am I part of the disease? / Singin' / You / Are / You / Are / You / Are
5. She's a Killer Queen / Gunpowder / Gelatine / Dynamite with a laser beam / Guaranteed to blow your mind / Anytiiiiiiiiiime
6. I like to play the drums / I think I'm getting good, but I can handle criticism / I'll show you what I know / And you can tell me if you think I'm getting better on the drums
7. Season's greetings in our so~ouls (yummy Fruity Pebbles in our bowls)
8. You might hear some reindeer on your rooftop / Or Jack Frost at your windowsill / But if someone's climbing down your chimney / You better grab your gun and shoot to kill
9. Ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong iddle I po
10. Hasof zroa kodshekha, vekarev ketz hayeshu'a / Nkom nikmat dam avadeikha me'uma haresha'a / Ki arkha hasha'a, ve'ein ketz limei hara'a
11. I need your grace / To remind me / To find my own
12. There is a party / Everyone is there / Everyone will leave / At exactly the same time / When this party's over / It will start again / It will not be any different / It will be exactly the same
13. I'm just an animal looking for a home / Share the same space for a minute or two
14. And now you're under control (now you do what they told ya)
15. A singer in a smokey room / A smell of wine and cheap perfume / For a smile they can share the night / It goes on and on and on and on
16. When the last days come / We shall see visions / More vivid than sunsets / Brighter than stars
17. Think of bombs / We're poised on the edge of disaster / Whether it's right or it's wrong / We opened the window / Played some Nintendo / Sang a few bars of some pretty old song
18. Dead eyes / Dead eyes / And are you just like me?
19. I fear that I'm ordinary / Just like everyone / To lie here and die among the sorrows / Adrift among the days
20. Bang, bang! Maxwell's silver hammer came down upon her head / Bang, bang! Maxwell's silver hammer made sure she was dead
There you go. Song and artist, one point each. Looking them up with a search engine is, naturally, cheating. Comments are screened so people can guess freely. On the one where the "artist" is not obvious (there is one), I'll accept a general note about where it came from.